Mandatory Department Application
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in applying to take one or two courses from the program in non-degree status.
Complete the UF Non-Degree Application
When completing and submitting the application, please note:
- Choose the year in which you are interested in attending.
- Choose "(year) Non-degree Application.”
- Click "Open Application" to begin out the application.
- Select Non-degree Special Program
- DO NOT select Individual Course! Doing so will require you to complete a new application.
- Select College of Medicine and your desired term
- Please provide the reason you are applying as a non-degree student. (For example: to begin taking courses before being formally admitted, requirement for work, etc.).
- Select Addiction and Recovery Non-Degree
- Course information must be entered on the application, but is not required for our program. Please enter n/a in the first prefix and number (both) fields.
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the "Residency Information" section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of these three identifying documents:
- Driver's License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- Add @ufl.edu to your ‘safe list’ on your email account. If you receive any emails from our office or the Office of the University Registrar regarding your application, you must respond.
* If you wish to take courses in non-degree status in subsequent semesters, you must submit this application again later, during the relevant application period.
The English Language Skill Requirement
If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor's degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council approved English language skills test and submit your scores.
Non-English speaking countries are those not included in the Graduate School's list of English speaking countries.
Having Your TOEFL or Other English Language Test Scores Sent to the University of Florida as a Non-Degree Seeking Student
Non-degree applicants who are required to take the TOEFL must email a scan or photocopy of their TOEFL score report directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you apply to the certificate program for a subsequent semester after taking non-degree coursework, you will need to have official TOEFL scores sent at that time. We cannot accept unofficial scores for certificate applicants; only official, sealed scores, direct from ETS to the UF Office of Admissions are acceptable. Self-reported scores, unsealed copies of score reports or photocopies of score reports cannot be accepted as official final documents when applying to the certificate program. There is no exception.
Minimum TOEFL Scores Required
To be considered for non-degree status, applicants must score at least the following on the TOEFL:
|TOEFL Exam Type||Minimum Required Score|
We will begin processing non-degree applications once registration opens for a given semester. Please check our critical dates here: Critical Dates. If your application is approved, we will email you with instructions on how to submit a registration request.