This course covers adherence to ethical and behavioral standards, as well as professional development. It details accountability standards through proper documentation procedures from patient screening through to discharge. The course also covers engagement in public awareness efforts and partnerships that give clients, families and communities important information about addiction, prevention and treatment.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Adhere to laws, regulations and professional codes of ethics
- Maintain accurate records of treatment outcomes and appropriately handle family and employer reporting of outcomes
- Attend to one’s own mental and physical well-being as an addiction professional
- Identify factors that contribute to risk for and resilience to drug abuse
- Engage community, media and other partners to promote substance use prevention efforts