GMS6782 Addiction: Clinical Evaluation and Treatment Planning
This course covers screening and assessment of people who may have addiction or who are being considered for treatment, along with how to interpret and use resulting data. It explores individualized treatment planning that accounts for drug type, mental health and other medical conditions, as well as family, employment, social and legal concerns.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the application of different types of standardized screening and assessment tools
- Explain, interpret and utilize assessment results in making treatment recommendations
- Explain how to craft effective inpatient and outpatient treatment plans
- Monitor progress toward recovery
- Adhere to patient privacy and confidentiality laws, regulations and community standards